Tell your story and earn $50 and a Drug War Stories T-Shirt!
Have you been affected by the War on Drugs and have a story that you want to tell? Perhaps your story is about getting arrested, convicted, or sentenced unfairly. Perhaps you lost a job because you tested positive (even though you had a medical marijuana card or possession as legal in your state). Maybe you lost access to college scholarships because you have a minor drug conviction. Or your parent or sister, mother or father, son or daughter went to prison due to an addiction or a first time non-violent offense. Or someone you love died from a drug overdose because they couldn’t get the treatment they needed for their disease. Maybe you are a former police officer who wants to talk about your experiences. Or perhaps you are a spiritual leader and would like to talk about morality and fairness with regards to the War on Drugs. Perhaps someone you loved was killed in a botched raid. We all have stories to tell.
Whatever the effect the Drug War had on you or someone you care about, you have the opportunity to tell your Drug War Story here. Fill out the form below and upload a photo (that you have the right to publish). Our editors will review your submission and, if we decide to publish your story, we will notify you. User submitted posts that we publish will receive a Drug War Stories’ T-Shirt (a $20 value) and a cash payment of $50.
Please review the Submission Rules & Conditions below before submitting your story. By submitting a story you are agreeing to abide by the Submission Rules & Conditions described.
Submission Rules & Conditions
The mission of Drug War Stories is to inform and educate the public of the harms caused by the War on Drugs through the stories of its casualties. We believe that the personal stories of those harmed by the War on Drugs are the most effective weapons against it. Tell your story here.
- Stories must be your own or one that you have the explicit permission and right to tell.
- Submissions should be between 500 and 1500 words in length (with approximately 1000 words preferred).
- Photographs submitted should measure between 800 and 1500 pixels.
- Drug War Stories editors will review your submission and if your submission is selected for publication, we will notify you at the email address provided. Drug War Stories will not notify for any other purpose. Drug War Stories will not request personal financial or tax information from you (such as a social security or bank account number).
- Remuneration for published submissions will consist of a Drug War Stories T-shirt and a $50 cash payment.
- Cash payment for published submissions will be via company check mailed to an address you provide within 30 days of publication. T-shirts will be shipped to an address you provide within 30 days of publication.
- You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to submit user-generated content on this site, Drug War Stories is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities submitted. Drug War Stories reserves the right to prohibit, block, and or remove submissions or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, pornographic or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another; (d) a violation of any of these Terms & Conditions; or (e) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Drug War Stories in its sole discretion.
- When you send submissions, you agree that Drug War Stories may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any submissions that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any submissions in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any submissions that we do not publish; or (3) to respond to any submissions.
- You agree that your submissions will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your submissions will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of our Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any submissions you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any submissions posted by you or any third-party.